11.03.2007

Halloween Adventures and Birthday Countdown!


Halloween at college is fun. College students, as it is well known, have a wide range of incomes - or lack of income. Luckily, that means people get really creative! This girl was in my Biology class and had one of the more impressive costumes of the day. When she came into class someone had to help her shimmy the box off so she could sit down. (She's an iPod in case you can't tell.)



















The other exciting event of the day had to do with these guys: pirates! There was a big group of guys dressed up like pirates (about 15 of them) and I saw them as I was walking to my 2pm class. I thought, aww, that's fun, and continued walking. All of the sudden they started running toward the middle of the quad with this dude carrying the pirate flag in the lead and they started pulling out plastic swords and yelling pirate curses. Those of us who were near looked at them in confusion and looked toward the building where they were running....and saw a huge group of NINJAS running down the stairs toward the pirates! What?! They proceeded to have a battle in the middle of the lawn (complete with cardboard ninja stars) while we all watched and cheered and whipped out cameras trying to capture the moment. ;) Totally awesome. I managed to get some footage of it on my digital camera, but it was the latter half of the battle and not nearly as cool as when they were running towards each other and first started to fight.

This is our men's acapella group, and while they were singing some songs to encourage us all to go to their concert, one of the Ninjas flipped onto the grass behind them and just posed with his duct tape nunchucks.


Happy November! November means my birthday is on Tuesday! Woo hoo, happy birthday to me! I'm going to be turning 24.....wow. Ty appears to have some secrets up his sleeve, so I'm looking forward to trying to get the secrets out of him and seeing what happens for my birthday. :) Happy Saturday, everyone!

No comments: