So sorry to keep you waiting on the explanation of my seriously awesome and mysterious shadow picture :) I'm working on a big 'ol post of pictures and fun.
In the meantime, here is another picture to ponder.Ok, Trader Joes'....how do you expect me to make a nice, neat sandwich with this bread? Hmmm??
Ok, ok. One more.
This lovely picture was taken on Mother's Day:
5lb bag of potatoes: $
tiny, ergonomic paring knife: $$
carving the potato into a grumpy old man: priceless
My little brother was seriously born in the wrong time period. (Though I am personally very, very glad of the mistake.) He would probably be most at home on a farm. He almost always has a red, paisley handkerchief on his person. He has asked for (and received) wood and whittling tools for Christmas. When we went on a church history tour a few years ago as a family, he dressed up in period garb and remained that way as we traveled from New York and Illinois etc., to Nauvoo. He looked awesome and studly. And probably like he "worked" there and he needs to be cast in one of those shows ASAP!
What's that tune he's whistling? Not "Come, Come, Ye Saints" as one might think you would play sitting under a tree in Old Nauvoo. It was Frodo's theme from The Lord of the Rings. It sounded fantastic.

This last picture was taken 2 Halloween's ago. And I'm pretty sure my little nephew threw Aaron. Multiple times. ;)
More brother love and other fun to come!

10 comments:
Hooray for the update! You're right, Aaron does look like a natural in those clothes.
Hooray for new blog posts!!! I just spent a week watching the Veggie Tales version of Lord of the Rings. (It's called "Lord of the Beans" and it's more than a little bit ridiculous. It goes back to the library tomorrow and the kids want to buy our own copy.) Anyway... When I saw that picture of Aaron under the tree I thought, "Hey, that looks like Frodo in that opening scene." I know my baby brother so well. :)
Welcome back! You are seriously just too cute...I miss you.
Oooh, we love Lord of the Beans.
And Aaron really does belong back then. I never realized it. I still can't believe he's all grown up and almost ready for a mission. And SO nice to see an update on here. You've been missed.
ugh...Holey bread is the worst!!!
I love the "Old man" potato!! Haha..Priceless for sure!
Your little brother is SOOO stinkin cute! Even if he was born in the wrong generation!
Yeah, you don't post nearly enough. You're worse than us... and that's sayin' something. :)
Your little bro must be doing something right...
Yes, do tell us all about your new jobs and stuff. This is peas and carrots--get to the meat already! :)
Thanks for your comment! I really love it. It is perfect for the hot summers here in Phoenix! So...seriously, stop hinting at all of the wonderful stuff you have to tell us, and tell us already! The suspense is killing me!
P.S. A girl in my ward did my hair. Her name is Alina and she has a company from her home called "Knot 2 Shabby" How cute is that?! She is fabulous! I miss Teresa doing my hair though. I look forward to her return because she is just a bit cheaper than my current hairdresser ;)
we ARE in wymount! we are in 536 9b in the north apts. i REALLY like them and the ward is great! what apt will you guys be living in when you move back??
Post a Comment