We had one last, big hurrah with our awesome neighbors before the end-of-semester grind hit us hard. Ty and I found big blocks of white and milk chocolate at the grocery store for a pittance, so we scooped some up to play with.
The result was an extremely enjoyable Sunday evening.
(I love how Stephen's other hand is in his pocket. "It's so easy I only need one hand to make magic happen!")
I only have a few pictures of the fun because I was busy melting chocolate. Holly has more. Send me some, Holly? :)
We wrapped them up and distributed them to our visiting teach-ees and home teach-ees. A fun and easy treat to make and even more fun to eat.
Recipes from Bakerella:
Nutter Butter Balls - http://bakerella.blogspot.com/2008/01/grocery-item-goes-gourmet-part-2.html
Oreo Truffles
1 package oreo cookies (divided… use cookie including the cream center)
1 8oz. package cream cheese (softened)
white chocolate bark
1. Finely crush 7 cookies in a food processor or place them in a ziploc bag and crush into a fine consistency. Reserve for later.
2. Crush remaining cookies and stir in softened cream cheese. Use the back of a large spoon to help mash the two together.
3. Roll the mixture into 1" balls and place on wax paper covered cookie sheet.
4. Melt chocolate as directed on the package and then dip balls into chocolate, tap off extra and set aside on wax paper covered cookie sheet to dry. You can sprinkle the tops with the 7 crushed cookies for decoration.
5. Once dry, refrigerate and enjoy!
Makes about 36 truffles.
1 8oz. package cream cheese (softened)
white chocolate bark
1. Finely crush 7 cookies in a food processor or place them in a ziploc bag and crush into a fine consistency. Reserve for later.
2. Crush remaining cookies and stir in softened cream cheese. Use the back of a large spoon to help mash the two together.
3. Roll the mixture into 1" balls and place on wax paper covered cookie sheet.
4. Melt chocolate as directed on the package and then dip balls into chocolate, tap off extra and set aside on wax paper covered cookie sheet to dry. You can sprinkle the tops with the 7 crushed cookies for decoration.
5. Once dry, refrigerate and enjoy!
Makes about 36 truffles.
Nutter Butter Balls
1 pkg. Nutter Butter cookies (broken… use cookie with the cream center)
1 8oz. package cream cheese (softened)
chocolate bark
1. Finely crush all but 5 cookies in a food processor or place them in a ziploc bag and crush into a fine consistency.
2. Combine with cream cheese. Use the back of a large spoon to help mash the two together.
3. Roll the mixture into 1" balls and place on wax paper covered cookie sheet.
4. Melt chocolate as directed on the package and then dip balls into chocolate, tap off extra and set aside on wax paper covered cookie sheet to dry.
5. Once dry, refrigerate and enjoy!
Makes about 30 balls.
1 pkg. Nutter Butter cookies (broken… use cookie with the cream center)
1 8oz. package cream cheese (softened)
chocolate bark
1. Finely crush all but 5 cookies in a food processor or place them in a ziploc bag and crush into a fine consistency.
2. Combine with cream cheese. Use the back of a large spoon to help mash the two together.
3. Roll the mixture into 1" balls and place on wax paper covered cookie sheet.
4. Melt chocolate as directed on the package and then dip balls into chocolate, tap off extra and set aside on wax paper covered cookie sheet to dry.
5. Once dry, refrigerate and enjoy!
Makes about 30 balls.

{Photo from Bakerella}

5 comments:
Mmmmm, looks yummy! You're posting this on the food blog, right??? :)
woweeeee! They look delish and lovely...I want to try... with you of course!! way to go
Yum, yum. But really, I can't believe I had to find this delightful little blog from checking my statcounter to see that someone had clicked over from here! I did wonder if you were ever going to post on your other one again :)
Ummm... ditto to Sara's comment. I just discovered this blog TODAY. Sheesh... thanks for letting us know. ;) Those nutter butter balls look SO good. I wish you were here to make some for me. And I love seeing the preg pics of cute cute Holly. Man, she was one super cute pregnant lady. Okay... off to catch up on some more of your wonderful posts.
Dear Heidi,
I look at your blog every single day. Every. Single. Day. Please post something new for me.
Love,
Your much bigger sister
Post a Comment