HAPPY BIRTHDAY AIMEE!!
You are the greatest! I have been thinking about you a lot this weekend and about what I might write today to commemorate your birthday. So, without further ado, here are a few memories I have of the stupendous Aimee during my life.
First, Aimee was my best friend in 5th grade. We had SO much fun. I do believe she was the best elementary school best friend I ever had. She was tough, which I loved- being something of a tomboy myself- but I loved that I could be girly with her (in secret of course-- I was a tough girl!) ;)
Second, I remember her darling momma inviting me to her 7th or 8th grade surprise party. (I think it was 7th). Aimee and I hadn't really talked or seen each other in a while because we went to different junior high schools. But I remember being excited and surprised at the call and happily accepted the invitation. We got to Aimee's house early and kidnapped her from her bed. I remember that I was one of the first faces she saw as we grabbed her out of the bed before we put a pillowcase over her head and I remember her face looking very confused to see me.... I thought that was kind of sad and I determined to try and have as much fun with her as I could and to stay friends. Again, being with Aimee was always so fun. She was so happy and full of energy.
Third, I remember a Halloween party that Aimee invited me to, probably that same year. I had also been invited to another party that night with some of the older girls and guys in my stake. I decided to go to that one first and then head to Aimee's when it was over. That was during the lovely junior high years that we try to be "cool" and fit in with the crowd - and going to that party would definitely increase my cool points.
It was SO boring and stupid. I was so surprised at the immaturity I encountered. I left way early and got to Aimee's and had a BLAST playing Bunko with her and few other friends. I remember walking into her house and relief washed over me - I was so happy to be there! That taught me an important lesson - good friends are more important than pretending with "cool" friends (who actually aren't that cool).
Fourth, I remember that when we rekindled our friendship during high school I was so happy to have her back in my life. We used to scheme during choir to get those senior boys to notice us. Our closeness fluctuated during the years, as most friendships do, but I have so many good memories of Aimee and her awesome dance moves. ;)
and Fifth....she was a willing guinea pig in Operation Hawaii. 'Nuff said.
I love you, Aimee!! Happy Birthday!


4 comments:
Awww.operation Hawaii. I love it!
Heidi!!! You are truly amazing! Thanks for making my birthday even more special. I think I still have that poem we wrote about our 5th grade teacher. And that was a great Bunko night! And high school - well, that picture brings back a lot of memories. Thank you again for your continuing love, support and friendship. I love you lots!!
OH MY GOSH!! Are you serious? You have our evil poem about Ms. Jaramillo the DEVIL? HAHAHA! I want to see!
Guess what. Aaron had her for 3rd grade or something and he loved her. Maybe she got better or she had a better time with younger kids.
I have 3 other awesome pictures of you from high school, but I don't have them with me right now in Utah. :( Someday...I shall pull them out and post them.
I love YOU! I couldn't wait for you to have time to come over to my blog and see my little homage to you. Happy Birthday and Valentine's day!!
ummm... HELLO!!! how come it took you a million years to #1, comment on my blog, and #2, tell me that you have one too. sheesh! hope you are doing well. i have a lot of old posts to read of yours now... so i'd best get crackin'. miss you!
p.s. please tell melanie to invite me to her blog. katecupps @ gmail
Post a Comment